Due to the tropical weather in Abuja, we are highly-dependent on air conditioning at home, office, shopping malls, etc. Functional air conditioning units are necessary for families and corporations alike, during all times of the day and night. Basically, we need them everywhere we go, for carrying out most chores as well as maintaining our health and peace of mind.
Not enough has been said about the importance of aircon servicing, however. Did you know skipping aircon repair or waiting until serious problems develop can be a costly mistake? This is because all machines undergo natural wear-and-tear and require regular maintenance to keep functioning at their best. By getting your air conditioning unit checked by a professional, you are saving yourself money in the long run.
Depending on its condition, your air conditioner unit might need chemical cleaning or servicing. Once your unit has been cleaned and sanitized thoroughly, it’ll function at its best. Always remember that investing a small amount on aircon maintenance today will save you a larger sum in the future!
Here are the top 11 reasons you need to service your air con today:
- Boost Indoor Air Quality – Want fresh air circulating throughout your home or office? Opt for regular aircon maintenance, which ensures clean air filters. This means that the air you breathe is being properly filtered of dust, pollen and pollutants. It also prevents trash particles from damaging your air conditioning unit.
- Remain Healthy – Breathing clean air is vital for your family’s overall health. If your AC’s air filter is clogged with dirt, it can cause multiple health issues, or aggravate existing conditions such as asthma, hay fever, allergies, etc. Once your aircon unit has been serviced, it will filter out toxins effectively, and circulate only the cleanest air inside your house or office.
- Save on Electricity & Repair Bill – Think servicing is expensive? Think again, because without periodic maintenance your aircon will surely cost you more. If small issues are left untreated, they can result in major problems later – and fixing them is expensive. A malfunctioning AC also works doubly hard to produce cool air, which increases your utility bill. Reduce your bills with regular servicing now.
- Avoid Costly Replacements – Not getting your air conditioner serviced can lead to premature breakdowns, which are expensive to fix. Simply get your maintenance done regularly to save yourself the cost of buying a new aircon. This can help your unit last as much as 10 years longer – which means extra savings!
- Stay Comfortably Cool all Year – There’s no getting away from heat and humidity in Abuja, which makes aircon servicing all the more important. A unit breakdown is a recipe for disaster. Why? Because last-minute maintenance calls are pricier than regular servicing and smaller, unresolved issues can develop into bigger complications – especially during needy times.
- Protect the Environment – An air conditioner that leaks refrigerant releases HFCs, or man-made greenhouse gases – that promote global warming. A technician can help capture and recycle such gases from your aircon unit. However, if you don’t opt for regular servicing, you’ll never know if your unit is leaking harmful gases into the environment or not.
- Longer System Lifespan – Just like your car, your aircon needs servicing to help it function to its fullest potential. What’s the point of getting an expensive air conditioner if you can’t enjoy all the benefits that it comes with? A service technician will examine all parts carefully and clean or replace them if required. This will not just increase the unit’s lifespan but also ensure high performance.
- Prevent Permanent Damage – Preventive maintenance reduces the need for repairs in the future. This is particularly important in a place like Abuja, where air conditioners are constantly used at all times. You’ll also enjoy peace of mind – as faulty spare parts can be quickly replaced before they damage the whole unit. Residential ACs should ideally be serviced every 3 months, whereas commercial ones need 1 every month.
- Comply with Warranty Requirements – Warranty conditions vary across various brands. Some might need you to get regular aircon servicing done in order to maintain the units. If you want to increase your chances of being able to utilize your warranty, it’s best to comply with the conditions stated in it.
- Enjoy Peak AC Performance & Efficiency (Up to 95%) – At times, you might not get the desired cooling effect with an aircon, even when using it in its full capacity. This is because appliances lose 5% of their efficiency each year. With regular servicing, you can enjoy 90-95% efficiency for a number of years. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Remove Foul Odors – Does your aircon emit an unpleasant odor? This can result from a buildup of mold, bacteria, or other organisms. If you notice any foul smell coming out of your aircon, take immediate action. A chemical wash will be required to get rid of the muck and odor, and also prevent unwanted buildup in the future.
Now that you know the logic behind AC servicing, you can go ahead and engage a professional aircon servicing company!